What is PlayOn Roku?
If you want to enjoy the cord-cutting option to the fullest, you should consider gifting yourself a DVR, specifically, a PlayOn DVR. Dvr stands for a digital video recorder, as its name says, it records the physical media that you watch on your device. PlayOn is available on various platforms like Roku, FireTV, Android, iOS, etc. if you are going to compare the cost of the service, one can clearly understand we are getting more than what we are spending. You can also stream and cast the contents across your device. There is also a cloud service available on the PlayOn. If you want to up your storage by 100GB, just pay around 5 bucks extra per month. Honestly, why would someone miss this?
Why Should I Opt for PlayOn Roku?
There are various channels across different genres available on the PlayOn platform. This includes your all-time favorites like NetFlix, HULU, Amazon prime video and a lot more. Also many of the independent services like AMC, FOX, HBO, etc. are also available on the platform.
The latest inclusion of Disney Plus has made this service one of the most efficient ones. The process of recording or casting the services is also pretty simple. Think of downloading a TV show or movie, legally that’s how it works. But instead of downloading from an external source, you use this to record the content to use it later.
For example, the “house M.D” one of the popular medical-drama TV shows was on NetFlix. Recently, the channel removed the program from its arsenal. Many fans were disappointed. So if I had the PlayOn on my device, you can simply record all the episodes of the program and keep it in my storage. No matter the channel removing the show or permanently deleting from the internet, I can always watch the show anytime I want.
What are all the Services Available in PlayOn Roku?
You name a channel, it will be there. Even mainstream channels like AT&T TV now, Roku channel and other channels like Tubi, PBS, DC universe, etc. are all available on the platform.
How to Utilize the PlayOn Roku?
Using the PlayOn Roku application is simple.
- Go to the search bar of the Roku device and type in “PlayOn”.
- You can simply press the search icon on your remote to enter the quick search.
- Once your search is complete, it should provide you with the list of results.
- The most probable result should be the top one, but check the “created by” tab to make sure that it’s the channel you are looking for.
- Now click on the “add channel” tab to download PlayOn.
- Once the download starts, it will take just a few seconds for the download to complete.
- Now, revert to the home screen and launch the PlayOn application.
- Sign in to the application to surf across the available channels.
- The best part is, almost all the channels are available on the platform.
- Launch any of the channels to run your favorite program.
- You can even use the search bar on the application to jump to the required show in an instant.
- Now, there will be two options available for you-either stream the show or record the show.
- You can choose to your convenience and start enjoying the application.
- Remember to install the PlayOn app on your desktop, so you can stream the contents across the devices.
The AD SKIP…
PlayOn comes with the in-built feature of the Ad skip. When you record a show or movie and if there are any commercials in between, the application will include the ad on the recording too. But once the recording is over, when you play the show you can skip the advertisements by simply using the ad skip feature.